Check out our very own WMOA officials, as they make their debut on ESPN’s Top 10 Plays of the Day. Doug Kaptein, Mark Lundvick, and Dan Rypma officiated the MHSAA Class D Boys Regional Final last night, where Mt. Pleasant Sacred Heart hit a shot at the buzzer to win the game.
See the incredible clip here: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:10599699Read More →
I would like to ask for your help. In the past several years I have been asked by a number of our members if there is a written history of our association. Currently there is not but if we can collect enough verifiable data we will be able to prepare a hard copy in the near future. Several of us have been collecting information on the WMOA dating back as far as we can however there are some holes ...Read More →
To ALL WMOA members:
As we near the end of another season, we need to move our focus and attention to the future. In just a few weeks (March 17), we will be holding our annual membership meeting. Among several topics, we will need to finalize our election of open Board positions.
Those positions will include:
- Vice-President (4 year commitment)
- Basketball Registrar (2 year term with possible second term)
- Basketball Program chair ...
I am confident that many, if not all of you, are looking forward to the day we no longer have to plow or snow blow our driveways and walks. As much as the changing of the seasons brings a new sport season it also brings with it a change of temperature. I for one am looking forward to warmer weather, soon.
The WMOA Board of Directors has had a busy year and as we draw closer to the end and nearer ...Read More →
- With the cancellation of a second BB member meeting, the WMOA Board of Directors has modified meeting attendance standards for Member in Good Standing (MIGS).
- We have adjusted the minimum number of credits required this year for MIGS status next year (2014/15) to 2 (two) rather than 3 as has been the standard.
- As a reminder, this requirement is not the only requirement to achieve MIGS status. The other requirements are on the MHSAA website.
- One of the most significant impacts of MIGS ...
The MHSAA by-laws state that one of the requirements to do be a member in good standing with an approved association is to attend 50% or more of all association meetings.
For the basketball season of 2013/14, the WMOA has 7 meetings scheduled:
- Meeting #1 October 28 (Grandville HS Coaches/Officials joint session)
- Meeting #2 November 11
- Meeting #3 November 25
- Meeting #4 December 16
- Meeting #5 January 6
- Meeting #6 January 27
- Meeting #7 February 17
In addition, the WMOA Board of Directors had authorized other opportunities to gain ...Read More →
Based on the forms submitted to the WMOA, the following member names have been forwarded to the MHSAA as recommended for tournament assignment.
Bob Wojcik, Luke Verbeek, Todd Frazier, TJ Restau, Sean Black, Bryan Boersma, Brian Vogel, Doug Kaptein, Doug Diekman, Kurtis Hoffman
Doug Diekman, Luke Verbeek, Mathew Kuiper, Pete VanGessel, Sean Black, Brian Vogel, Doug Kaptein, Douglas Stelma, Todd Frazier, Kurtis HoffmanRead More →